as you know, the WayWard follower blog encourages conversation. often times that conversation can become spirited – and that’s alright. but without a few simple ground rules, that conversation can turn into a shouting match that discourages others from engaging in the dialogue.
so here is my comments policy. by posting on my blog, you agree to the following ::
• you are welcome to comment without registering. you can log in via Disqus, twitter, facebook – or not at all. it’s up to you.
• you are welcome to post anonymously. i don’t recommend this, but you certainly may do so if you wish. maybe you’re a super hero and you need to protect your identity. who knows. i may change this rule if it’s abused.
• you are welcome to post follow-up questions. if you have a question, chances are you’re not alone. others are likely thinking something similar. if you’d be willing, i prefer to receive your questions in the form of a comment here on my blog rather than via email or facebook.
• you are welcome to disagree with me. an important part of conversation and bridge building is having two sides to an argument. but here’s the ask :: if you disagree with me — or anyone else, for that matter — please do so in a civil manner. if you’re constantly negative, a troll or hater and make consistently poopstain-like comments, you will get banned. sole discretion of the definition of those terms is mine.
• i reserve the right to delete or edit your comments. this is my blog. if you feel very strongly about publishing your comments and i don’t let you do that here, start your own blog. i’m pretty lenient about allowing conversation, but if i have to delete your comment, i will. specifically, i’ll delete your comment if you post something that is, in my opinion :: libelous, graphic, offensive, unkind, abusive, uncivil or spam. for further clarification, see above.
• you retain ownership of your comments. your comments are yours. i do not own them and i expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. by commenting on this site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from these postings.
• you grant me a license to post your comments. this license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive and royalty free. you grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce and distribute your comments in any format; including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video or presentation.
want to join the conversation? sign up for email subscription!