at The Marin Foundation, we continually work to build bridges between the LGBT community and the church. we do this primarily through scientific research, biblical and social education and diverse community gatherings, which we call Living In The Tension.
we are honored to present the fall dates and registration for The Marin Foundation’s innovative series of continuing education classes, Culture War Curriculum. whether you are a pastor, a parent, a youth worker, an LGBT person, a professor, or someone who is simply interested in further learning how to elevate this conversation, these classes are right up your alley.
the Culture War Curriculum is designed to offer concrete and feasible methods of engagement between divided communities. participants will walk away with a better understanding of the ‘Other’ and ways to connect in peaceful and productive dialogue.
The Marin Foundation’s Culture War Curriculum includes the following sections ::
• Historical Identity: Politics, Sex, Religion and the LGBT Community
• Practical Applications for Building Bridges and Elevating the Conversation between Divided Communities
• Faith and Life Acculturation: Discovering an Ideal Existence apart from Mainstream Norms
• Our Town to Their Town: Understanding the Art of Biblical Interpretation
• Theology of Sex and Sexuality
• Scientific Research and Homosexuality: What is it? What does it conclude? How does that impact the divide? and Where do we go from here?
over the past several years, this Culture War Curriculum has been taught by The Marin Foundation at a number of LGBT organizations, conservative, faith-based and secular non-profits, government agencies, clinics, high schools, community centers, churches large and small, as well as at Christian and secular universities.
interested? here’s what you need to know ::
fall dates ::
October 26 & 27: two day weekend course (12-6pm on saturday & 10am-5pm on sunday).
registration fee is $75
where is it?
the class will take place at First Evangelical Free Church of chicago ::
5255 N. Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL 60640
who’s facilitating this?
the facilitators for the classes will be ::
jason bilbrey, the Director of Pastoral Care at The Marin Foundation. jason completed his M.A. of Theology at Fuller Theological Seminary and was previously on staff with a multi-ethnic church plant in los angeles.
how do i sign up?
please contact melinda to register for the course, or for more information call 773.572.5983